Board index Oregon 911 Services News / Discussion Places!

Places!

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 am
Brandan Dispatcher / Admin

This new system has been released as a beta service.

So pretty much what it does is you select a geographical area which if a 911 call gets near then it activates an alert.

There is currently 2 options to choose from.
Email or Text Message.

Email will send you a formatted HTML email alert, where you can either ignore it or view the call.

Text message will send you a text message, mainly by the carriers email address to text message system.

So far its been super responsive and worked pretty well in the past.

In this current stage, you can only delete and add the alerts, you cannot modify them.

The places system does not show error messages currently. If you cannot get your alert entered into the system make sure that
* You have selected a location on the map
* Entered a valid distance >1
* No duplicate names allowed.
* Make sure you selected an alert type
* If you choose phone number, make sure its valid in the profile section of this website

If all else fails, post it here or in the Feedback tab.

You can check them out here.
http://www.cad.oregon911.net/places.php

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:56 pm

I can see two other entries on this page, "My Block" and "Brandans House" Are these just placeholders or is there just one master list?

Ben

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 am
Brandan Dispatcher / Admin

No that was a mistake that no one pointed out until now. I just fixed those issues, hopefully when you tried to delete them it did nothing, since you wasn't the owner.

Let me know if you have anymore trouble with that system as it is not fully ready yet user interface wise.

Return to News / Discussion