Board index Oregon 911 Services Suggestions Feature Requests for Places

Feature Requests for Places

Post any suggestions or feature requests here, also you can click 'Feedback' on every page!

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 am

I understand that Places is still a work in progress, and low on the priority list. I've been using it for a couple of days, and it works great. The unit list and map on the email alerts is a great feature. I wanted to put together a feature request list, and understand that technical feasibility, and time constraints may mean these may be a long time coming, if ever.

1) Ability to go into an existing place and view pin/radius.

2) Related to that, the ability to go into a place after it's created and change the pin/radius.

3) Places with multiple pin/radius assignments, or non-circular areas. (ie being able to place an alert on say Hwy 26 from 185th to Hwy 217)

4) Disable/Enable a place without having to delete and recreate it.

5) Set alert time windows. (ie only send alerts for a place from 8am-5pm, or don't send alerts between 10pm-6am)

6) Select which alert types will be sent for a place. (ie only send alerts for MVAs, or only MVAs and Fires)

Thanks.

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:30 am

oh, one more

7) Ability to drag/drop a pin to re-position while placing, or just the ability to reposition a pin by clicking inside the radius. (if you're using a large radius and trying to figure out where to drop the pin, if you don't get the right spot you have to click outside the radius to try the placement again)

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:52 pm
Brandan Dispatcher / Admin

1) View/Edit/Replace/Resize and move markers are completely possible and ill look into implementing them in the future next few weeks.

3) Currently, you set a point and then the program calculates the distance of the call from each marker, if it falls within the range then it triggers. However if its an non circle shape that algorithm doesn't work.

4) Completely possible, however I have no idea how to fit it into the design without it being ugly.

5) Just as possible as #4, but same design issue.

6) I... actually was planning on doing this for quite some time and couldn't figure out a nice way to add it to the design as well.

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Another feature that would be cool, the ability to have it only send alerts if the # of units assigned is more than X.

So I could say only send me alerts where the # of units assigned to the call is 3 or more.

Thanks

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am
Brandan Dispatcher / Admin

@CADAlerts already does this, but globally, not for a single area.

It probably wouldn't be hard to add the same system CadAlerts does for a single geographical location.

Return to Suggestions